Collection of Information
ARC respects the privacy of visitors to our web site. ARC will collect personal identifiable information, such as your name, e-mail address, address or telephone number, only when you voluntarily submit it to us at our web site, such as in connection with the following:
- When you access or use the "My Amyloidosis Pathfinder" solution ("MAP")
- When you make a job opportunity inquiry or submission of job application
- When you make other voluntary submissions of forms posted on our web site from time to time
When you access and use the MAP services, you also will be asked to enter certain personal health information. Your personal identifiable information will be used by ARC only for the purposes for which you supplied it to us. ARC will not sell, trade, rent or in any way disclose your personal identifiable information to any outside organization for the outside organization's own use without your consent except as required to operate the MAP service and other web site features or where ARC reasonably believes that such disclosure is required by law or unless such information has been de-identified.
The personal health information you enter in MAP will help us to provide the best possible information on clinical trial options and contribute toward a better understanding of amyloidosis overall, inspiring new research studies. When you create a profile on MAP, you provide certain personal information that is necessary to identify possible clinical trial options. You will have the option to elect to allow your personal identifiable information, such as your name, email address and phone number, to be shared with potential clinical sites so that such clinical site may contact you directly. Various profile data such as disease and location information may be retained and used on a de-identified, anonymous basis by ARC and our third party technology provider that owns and operates the MAP solution (the "Licensor"). For example, de-identified and aggregated MAP data may be shared by the Licensor with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to help them in planning for clinical trials or may be used by the Licensor to improve, promote or provide its products and services. ARC also may use anonymous and aggregated MAP data internally to support our mission.
You may modify or remove your personal identifiable information from our database by contacting ARC at the following email address: email@example.com. Removing your information may cause the MAP service and/or certain web site features to become inaccessible to you.
ARC may collect non-personal identifiable information about your web viewing habits while you navigate this site, including the following:
- Aggregated Data. ARC may collect user information and content in the aggregate as you use this web site to analyze our overall usage patterns. Aggregate data does not contain any personally identifiable information.
- Server Logs. ARC may collect information from our server logs. These logs may include information such as your Internet Protocol address, browser details, the date and time of your request and certain information about your usage of this web site.
- Links. ARC may track whether links to external web sites are followed or clicked.
ARC may obtain this non-personal identifiable information through the use of customized software.
In addition, we are committed to protecting the privacy of children. ARC's web site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 18. ARC does not collect personal identifiable information from any person we know to be under the age of 18.
In the event of a sale or change of control of ARC or the Licensor, we will take appropriate steps to see that your identity in association with any MAP data will be continue to be kept private. It is understood, however that our rights and the Licensor's rights to such MAP data are assets that may be transferred in the event of such a sale or change of control.
Links to Other Sites
This web site may contain links to a number of sites, which are not owned by ARC, that we believe may offer useful information. The privacy policies and procedures described here do not apply to those web sites. You should contact those web sites directly for information on their data collection and use policies. ARC is not responsible for the content or other information included on such third party web sites.
ARC is committed to providing reasonable measures to protect your personal identifiable information from any unauthorized access or disclosure, and uses industry standard measures to protect your information. In addition to the steps taken by ARC, you should also take measures to safeguard your personal information.
This web site is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting our web site from outside the United States, you are transferring your personal identifiable data into the United States when you voluntarily submit your personal identifiable information. Many regions, such as the European Union, have data collection protections that differ from U.S. law.
ARC may amend this Policy from time to time. Any substantial changes to the Policy will be promptly communicated on this page. By accessing and using our site after a change is made to the Policy, you agree to be bound by the Policy as revised.
If you have questions, want more information or would like to report a problem regarding the handling of your personal identifiable information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to file a complaint with the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services or other applicable governmental agency, if you believe your privacy rights have been violated. You will not be penalized or retaliated against for filing a complaint.
Last Updated: February 2017
1. PURPOSE OF SITE. This Site is for information purposes only. This Site and its content herein should not be used by you for diagnosing a health or fitness problem or disease. For further information about a particular disease, medication, device or other product described on this site consult your physician or medical advisor.
2. USE OF CONTENT; INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. The content of this Site, including but not limited to the information, materials, images and product names (the "Content"), is protected under applicable copyright and trademark laws. Unless otherwise identified as being owned by another entity, all product names identified by ™ or ® symbols are trademarks owned by or licensed to ARC or its subsidiaries. The Content may not be copied, downloaded and stored in a retrieval system, modified, redistributed, or republished in any way, except that you may download one (1) copy of the Content for your personal informational and noncommercial use only, as long as all copies of the Content retain all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices and disclaimers. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring to you by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any patent, trademark, copyright or other property of ARC or any third party. The information contained in each press release available on this Site, if any, was correct as of the date of such press release was posted. ARC assumes no obligation to update any information contained in such press release, whether to reflect events or circumstances subsequent to the date of such press release or otherwise.
3. HYPERLINK SITES. This Site may contain hypertext links to other web sites that are not owned by ARC ("Hyperlink Sites"). If you access a Hyperlink Site, you do so at your own risk. ARC does not control or endorse any Hyperlink Site, including its content. ARC makes no representations or warranties whatsoever as to a Hyperlink Site including but not limited to a Hyperlink Site's availability or its content. ARC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT ON THE INTERNET OR WEB PAGES THAT ARE CONTAINED OUTSIDE THE SITE. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, third parties found on or through the Site, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such user, advertiser, or partner. You agree that we are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third parties on the Site.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY ARC ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ARC MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE (INCLUDING ITS AVAILABILITY) OR THE MATERIALS, OR CONTENT INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. FURTHER, ARC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY OBLIGATION TO UPDATE OR CORRECT INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE AND EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY DUTY TO DO SO. ARC ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND AS SUCH YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND ALL RISKS ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ARC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Last Updated: February 16, 2017